Preparing for our School ShowcaseMay 5, 2014
Teacher of the MonthNovember 16, 2018
St. Peter’s Academy Governing Board
Approved Meeting Minutes
APRIL 24, 2018
- Rev. Andrew Jefferson
- Mr. Robert Temple
- Mr. John Rorick
- Mr. Larry Taylor
- Ms. Ruth Jefferson
- Ms. Gloria Finch
- Ms. Constance Smith
- Mr. Dale Dawkins
- Ms. Jennifer Lopez
I. CALL TO ORDER INVOCATION:
- The St. Peter’s Academy Governing Board meeting was
called to order at 10:00 a.m. April 24, 2018 with prayer by Mr. Taylor.
II. READING OF THE MINUTES:
- The minutes of December 2017 were read. After
discussion, it was motioned by Mr. Taylor and seconded by Mr. Temple that the minutes be
accepted. The motion was carried and the minutes were approved.
III. REVIEW OF FINANCIAL REPORTS:
- Quarterly Financial 2018 – The Quarterly Financial Report ending March 2018 was
presented for review. As of March 30, 2018 the Balance Sheet, Total Liabilities and Fund
Balance was $455,753.00. After discussion, Mr. Temple motioned for approval of the
Quarterly Financial Report; Mr. Taylor seconded the motion. The motion was carried; the
Quarterly Financial Report was approved.
- Budget Amendments 2017 – 18: Mrs. Jefferson presented the 2017 – 18 Budget
Amendments required for approval. She reviewed each line item that needed to be
amended and explained each in detail. After review and discussion, Mr. Larry
Taylor motioned for approval of 2017 – 18 Budget Amendments; Mr. Rorick
seconded the motion. The Budget Amendments were approved.
- Proposed Operating Budget 2018 – 19: Mrs. Jefferson presented the 2018 to
2019 Proposed Operating Budget for approval. She stated that the Projected
General Funds balance is $1,070,000.00 and the Total Budget including capital
projects funds and special revenue funds is $1,393,848.00. After review and
discussion, Mr. Temple motioned for Approval of 2018 – 19 Operating Budget; Mr.
Taylor seconded the motion, the 2018 – 19 Proposed Operating Budget was
- Board Meeting Dates: Mrs. Finch presented the 2018 – 19 Quarterly Board
Meeting dates and the 2018-19 School Calendar for approval. After the review, the
2018 – 19 Board Meeting Dates and the 2018-19 School Calendar was approved.
- 20th year School Celebration: Mrs. Jefferson informed the Board that the school
will be celebrating the 20th year school anniversary. She said that the students
from K – 6th Grade will do presentations first then the graduation will be held after.
- Title 1: Ms. Jefferson discussed Title 1 activities and reviewed the results of the
Parent surveys. She stated that the Audit went smooth with minimal corrections
noted. She gave an update of FSA testing dates which will be from April to May 14,
- Pre-Summer and Fall Registration: Ms. Jefferson stated that the Pre-Summer and
Fall registration will be held on May 25, 2018 from 9: 00am to 1:00pm. She stated
that the Summer Classes will begin on June 4 and will run until July 13, 2018 from
9:00 am to 3:00 p.m.. She said that flyers were distributed in the community and in
the newspaper. She informed the Board of the structure of the classes, staffing and
- VPK Program: Ms. Constance Smith gave an update on the Pre-School VPK
program. She gave an update on the Florida Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten
Assessment . She discussed the VPK curriculum, monitoring, schedules, and the
FLOC upcoming review which will occur during the month of May 2018. She added
also, that the 3 year old students graduation will be held on May 18 then the VPK
will be on May 22, 2018
- The Summer School/Sports Education Program: Mr. Dale Dawkins presented
the Summer School/Sports Education Program. He informed the Board that he has
a lot of ideas for coaching the students for the Summer Sports program. He added
also that NFL players will be coming and give motivational speeches for the
- Graduation: The school graduation will be held on May 24, 2018 at 6:00 pm for
K- 5 th Grades including the VPK students.
- Summer School will start on June 04, 2018 until July 13, 2018.
- Fun Day and Last Day of school will be on May 24, 2018.
- The May 2018 calendar of events was presented and accepted.
The meeting was moved for Adjournment at 11:00 a.m.