Meeting MinutesJanuary 13, 2019
St. Peter’s Academy Financial Report Audited 2018-2019October 22, 2019
Approved Meeting Minutes
APRIL 30, 2019
- Rev. Andrew Jefferson
- Mr. Robert Temple
- Mr. Larry Taylor
- Ms. Jennifer Lopez
- Mrs. Ruth Jefferson
- Mrs. Gloria Finch
- Ms. Barbara Andrews
- Ms. Constance Smith
- CALL TO ORDER INVOCATION: The St. Peter’s Academy Governing
Board meeting was called to order at 10:00 a.m. April 30, 2019 with prayer by Mr.
- READING OF THE MINUTES: The minutes of December 2018 were read. After discussion, it was motioned by Mr. Taylor
and seconded by Mr. Temple that the minutes be accepted. The motion was carried and the minutes were
- REVIEW OF FINANCIAL REPORTS:
– Mr. Rorick reviewed the Quarterly Financial Report ending March 2019.
As of March 30, 2019 the Balance Sheet, Total Liabilities and Fund
Balance was $323,928.00. After
discussion, Mr. Temple motioned for approval of the Quarterly
Financial Report; Mr. Taylor seconded the motion. The motion was carried; the Quarterly
Financial Report was approved.
Amendments 2018 – 19: Mrs.
Jefferson presented the 2018 – 19 Budget
Amendments required for approval. She
reviewed each line item that needed to be amended and explained each in
detail. After review and discussion, Mr.
John Rorick motioned for approval of 2018
– 19 Budget Amendments; Mr. Temple seconded the motion. The Budget Amendments were approved.
Operating Budget 2019 – 20: Mrs. Jeffersonpresented the 2019 to 2020 Proposed Operating Budget for
approval. She stated that the
Projected General Funds is $1,070,000.00 and the Total Budget including capital
projects funds and special revenue funds is $1,375,000. She stated that the Projected Budget as
proposed is very close the Final 2018 – 19 Budget and is planned to ensure that
expected revenues cover expenses. After
review and discussion, Mr. Rorick motioned for Approval of 2019 – 20 Proposed Operating
Budget; Mr. Taylor seconded the motion, the 2019 – 20 Proposed Operating Budget
- Title 1: Ms. Andrews discussed
Title 1 activities and reviewed the results of the Parent surveys. She also presented information on Parent Improvement Plan and asked the Board for any suggestions. She gave an update of FSA testing dates which
are from May 1st to May 10th, 2019.
Outlay Plan 2019 – 20: Mrs. Finch
presented the 2019-20 Capital Outlay Plan for approval. She indicated that the school will continue
to use the Capital Outlay funds for monthly lease payments. After discussion, on motion by Mr. Taylor
seconded by Mr. Temple, the Capital Outlay Plan was approved.
- VPK Program: Ms. Constance Smith gave an update on the
FLOCS renewal of license for the Pre-School VPK program. She stated that the accreditation review was
successful. She discussed the VPK curriculum, monitoring, schedules
and plans for the school year 2019- 2020.
- Board Meeting Dates 2019-2020: Mrs. Finch presented the 2019
– 2020 Quarterly Board Meeting dates. After the review, the 2019 – 20 Board Meeting
Dates were approved.
- School Calendar 2019 – 2020: Mrs. Finch presented the 2019-2020 School Calendar. After review, the 2019-2020 School Calendar was
- Graduation: The school graduation will be held on May 21, 2019 at 6:00
pm for all K- 6th Grade including the VPK students.
- End of Year Field Trip:
The end of year field trip will be held
at the water park in Aquatica in Orlando, on May 24, 2019.
- Pre-Summer and Fall Registration:
Ms. Andrews stated that the Pre-Summer and Fall registration will be held on May 18, 2019 from 9:00 am to
3:00pm. She stated that the Summer
Classes will begin on June 3 and will run until July 12, 2019 from 8:00 am to 3:00
p.m.. She said that Flyers were
distributed in the community and also advertisement on 104.5 FM radio. She
informed the Board of the structure of the classes, staffing and schedules.
Day of our school will be on May 24, 2019.
- The May
2019 calendar of events was presented and accepted.
VI. ADJOURNMENT: The meeting was adjourned at 11:00 a.m.